Monday, January 24, 2011

the other day my fiance came home to these:

After yesterday's Packer win I thought it would only be fitting to post something sports related today! GO PACKERS- Super Bowl 45!!!

So you may have noticed that many of my new Wordless Wednesday posts are dessert related... I've been obsessed with dessert/candy buffets lately. Mainly because Seth and I have decided instead of a traditional wedding cake to opt for a dessert buffet table. Of course it will be baseball themed, so we've been coming up with all sorts of treats that can fit in with our theme.

A few weeks ago I found this great petits four tutorial on an amazing sweets blog i am baker, by Amanda. For the petits fours Amanda uses oreo cakesters- how simple is that! As a surprise I decided to try them out and make some to surprise Seth when he got home from work. Instead of using royal icing for the toppers I used white chocolate that I colored with Wilton food coloring.

It's not the greatest picture... but I think they turned out great! Seth thought they were amazing and they were pretty yummy too. Thanks for the tutorial Amanda!

1 comment: