Thursday, February 24, 2011

bird, bird, bird... the bird's the word!

I have been so, so busy this week yesterday it felt fitting to have a busy bee as my wordless Wednesday find. Also sorry, but I couldn't help myself with my title today... you'll see why!

So what have I been up to you ask? I've been busy baking and decorating birds. After seeing my Super Bowl cookies a few weeks ago; Maureen, my internship supervisor, asked me to make cookie favors for a baby shower she was planning. Fast forward to this week and I'm baking 60 some cookies. Not to mention, our apartment has turned into a mini birdie bakery : )

I'm not quite finished with the birds yet but there will be 30 blue/teal ones and 30 orange ones. I chose this design off of the baby shower invite that Maureen gave me to work from. The invite can be seen in the second and third picture below. (Ignore the color splotches on the invite- I was just testing out the colors).
Now I've just got to add the eyes, beaks and feet. Then package them up for the shower this weekend!
I'll be sure to post some pictures later of the finished cookies. Until then, for a laugh be sure to check out this Family Guy clip- hilarious... now I have that song stuck in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment