Tuesday, July 20, 2010

crazy busy weekend

Hello all, hope your weekend was great! Mine was super busy- but really fun! I started my weekend off early and headed to Madison Thursday night to see a Mallards baseball game with my friend Ellen. Although we didn't watch much of the game, we had a lot of fun catching up with each other. While in Madison I also visited a great fabric shop, Stitcher's Crossing, and found these great prints:
Friday night my parents came into town late and stayed the night. On Saturday we all woke up really early for the Fremont Triathlon! My family and I have done this 'mini' triathlon for 5 years now. This year's race was a 1/8 mile swim, a 12 mile bike ride and a 2 mile run. And this year was my mom's first year joining us! She usually is our cheerleader and photographer, but after some persuasion from Dad she joined us- and did really great!

On our way back to my apartment we picked up Seth's mom, Diane, in New London for Wedding Dress Shopping!!! We first headed to David's Bridal then off to another bridal shop in downtown Appleton, The Bridal Event. I probably tried on over 20 dresses and think I have it narrowed down to two. Although I had my parents and Diane with me, I still want both my sisters there with me to let me know what they think.

Saturday night after my parents headed back home, Diane and I headed to a barbecue at our friends Matt & Kristina's house. Seth was at a bachelor party all day so the two of us decided to go together. Seth went to high school with Matt and Kristina and their moms are great friends with Diane. It was good to see everyone and a great way to wind down a busy day.

On Sunday Seth and I had a super lazy day until the afternoon when we met up his family for his grandma's 80th birthday! We met up for dinner and drinks at her favorite restaurant, The Black Otter, in celebration. It was the perfect end to a crazy busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment