Wednesday, July 21, 2010

scarf update

beginning of my braided knit scarf

As promised here are some pictures of the beginning of my braided knit scarf. I hoped to put these up last Friday, but my computer had different thoughts and decided to have a mini crash on me : ( I love these bold colors- I think they will be great for fall weather!

So far I have three out of the five strands finished! They are seriously taking a lot longer than I expected. I thought they would knit up pretty fast because they are so skinny- each is about an inch wide- but I also had to knit them much longer than the scarf length I'd like because of the braiding.

It's a great project to work on while watching a movie. Hopefully the last two strands won't take me too much longer to finish- I can't wait to see the finished product!

(un)braided knit scarf

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hilary,
    Very Bold choice of colors. I like creams and pale colors. I am trying to find something like the scarf in a crochet pattern. I can't Knit a stitch.
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure a similar one could be done in crochet... maybe I'll have to try that next!

    ReplyDelete